Constituent Services

My staff and I are here to serve you with any needs you may have with state government. Here are some of the services we provide:

Help with State Agencies (Casework)

One of the most important services I provide is assisting you when you are having trouble cutting through the red tape of state government. If you have a problem with a state agency, my staff can help find answers. Below you will find information about the various state casework matters on which I might be able to assist you.

Please note that I cannot order an agency to decide a matter in your favor or circumvent regulations, nor can I assist with problems involving federal government agencies. I can only assist with problems regarding state agencies or programs such as:

  • Department of Motor Vehicles (driver's license, vehicle registration)
  • Employment Development Department (unemployment benefits)
  • CA Department of Justice (background checks for employment)
  • Medi-Cal
  • Franchise Tax Board
  • CA Public Utilities Commission
  • CA Resources Agency
  • Medical Board of California
  • CA Contractors State License Board
  • CA Department of Food and Agriculture
  • And much more!

We also assist local governments and community organizations with regulatory issues and grant programs involving state agencies. We can seek answers to your questions, make the appropriate officials aware of your concerns and cut through "red tape" you might be experiencing.

If you're not sure where to go for help, feel free to ask us. We are here to serve you and can refer you to the appropriate government agency. Just call my office and we will help you figure it out.

Legislative Information

Want to learn more about proposed legislation? My staff can check the status of a legislative bill and give you a copy of it.

District Resources

Local Government

City and county governments will help you with questions you have about local utilities, parks, schools, police and fire departments, housing, transportation, or other regional matters.

Alpine County

El Dorado County

Lassen County

Modoc County

Nevada County

Placer County

Plumas County

Sacramento County

Shasta County

Sierra County

Siskiyou County

State Government

California government oversees schools and colleges, state tax collection, disaster response, and a number of other important issues. Click on one of the many links to learn more.

Federal Government

The Federal Government is your resource for getting help with Social Security and Medicare concerns, disaster assistance, grants, and information on Congressional matters in Washington.

Comments & Concerns

Your thoughts on state issues are important. While my responsibilities as your Senate Representative may not give me enough time to personally meet with you, my staff is available to listen to you. They note every contact and update me on a regular basis so I can more effectively represent your interests in Sacramento.

Certificates & Congratulatory Messages

One of my favorite parts of my job is to recognize the great work and milestones of our neighbors. My office can provide certificates and letters to recognize anniversaries, graduations and other special events in the 1ST Senate District.

Capitol Tours

Planning to visit the Capitol? Click here to find out more about tour times, building security, parking, how to get here, and other information related to planning your exploration of the Capitol.